Programming your Hyundai key fob can be a simple process as long as you have the right equipment and instructions to follow. The key fobs for Hyundai vehicles are programmed to be used in specific ways so that the vehicle is not vulnerable to thieves and other malicious activities. With the right steps and guidance, you can easily program your Hyundai key fob in no time. Read on to find out how.
What You Need to Program a Hyundai Key Fob
In order to program your Hyundai key fob, you will need the following items: the key fob, two AAA batteries, a flathead screwdriver, and the car’s ignition key. Depending on the model of your Hyundai, you may also need to have the car’s VIN number handy.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Programming a Hyundai Key Fob
- Start by inserting the ignition key into the car’s ignition and turning it to the “on” position.
- Take out the Hyundai key fob and open the back cover using the flathead screwdriver. Place the two AAA batteries inside the key fob.
- Press the “Lock” button on the key fob and then press the “Unlock” button. Hold both buttons down for 5 seconds.
- Release both buttons and then press the “Lock” button again. Hold down both the “Lock” and “Unlock” buttons for 5 seconds.
- If you have the car’s VIN number, enter it into the key fob. If not, skip this step.
- Press the “Lock” button on the key fob. The key fob should now be programmed.
Testing the Key Fob
Now that you have programmed the key fob, you can test to make sure that it is working correctly. To do this, press the “Lock” and “Unlock” buttons on the key fob. If the car’s doors lock and unlock, then the key fob has been successfully programmed.
Programming your Hyundai key fob is not a difficult task as long as you have the right instructions and equipment. By following the steps outlined above, you should be able to easily program your key fob in no time. Once you have programmed the key fob, be sure to test it to make sure that it is working correctly. Good luck!